NGOs & Government
- Comprehensive planning that recognizes forests provide many ecosystem services beyond timber – including carbon sequestration, watershed protection, recreational opportunities, and biodiversity
- Application of silvicultural techniques that mimic nature and utilize natural regeneration
- A long history of networking with other NGOs, State agencies, Federal agencies, and private landowners in developing and implementing strategies focused on landscape scale conservation projects.
- Forest inventory that includes assessment of key ecological attributes.
- Proven, responsible, long-term management of the forest resource
In the non-profit and government worlds of conservation, Compass Land Consultants’ working lands approach to conservation helps both large and small-tract forest owners achieve their conservation goals while providing reliable returns on economic and social investments.
Our management design demonstrates an interplay of goals between conservation, timber value, recreational access, developmental benefits, and the economy while proving that sustainable timber management is a place where economic and ecosystem values can coexist.
We offer an unmatched depth of experience in the Lake States region, currently managing over 450,000 acres of third-party certified forestlands – 34,000 acres of which are owned by non-profit NGOs and are managed for multiple conservation benefits.
We Value Nature